Blogs > Eating It Up Locally!

Who wants to cook? Let’s go out to eat. See where News-Herald staff members dined and where they go to unwind in our area. You might just find a new treasure in your own neighborhood.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Cast on Cafe

I'm not a knitter and have little use for yarn, but I was tempted to stop in to Cast on Cafe to pick up some lunch after browsing the menu posted on Downtown Willoughby's website.

I ordered the Confetti Salad, which is made up of "white rice, black beans, scallions, red and yellow bell peppers dressed with basil Parmesan vinaigrette." I've had confetti salad before, but there was something about this mix -- perhaps the vinaigrette -- that made it the best I have had. I'd like to try some of the other items on the menu -- like the Chicken Salad sandwich or the Waldorf Salad -- but it's going to be difficult ever ordering anything else.

(I also splurged on a cappuccino truffle, which was well worth it.)

If you're curious about what exactly the Cast on Cafe is, here is a description from the website:
I’ve had a passion for knitting, fibers and yarn since I was a child and I hope to inspire the same passion in you through education, assistance and the finest products available.
Cast On Café offers a variety of yarns from around the world, books & magazines, greeting cards, notions & needles and more.
Stop in for a cup of coffee or tea and a friendly place to knit or crochet anytime.

Cast on Cafe
castoncafe.com
440-946-9276
castoncafe@sbcglobal.net
38038 Second St., Willoughby
Tuesday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home